Snail ID help needed

FNG44601

Reefing newb
About 2 weeks ago we brought home a snail.... King something or other ( the shell resembles a queen conch) about an inch and a half in diameter- has a beige colored foot, and an arm like appendage. Thing is at the LFS, this guy was all over the glass- he gets here he's all up under the sandbed. I'm hoping that this guys isn't too big to where he'll disturb my anerobes. The sandbed is 3 inches in some places and 4-5 in others. If I could find his azz I'd post a pic but until then any guesses?

And If I could sneak in an Emerald Crab ?..... one of my guys lost an arm(complete w/claw) is he done for or will he just grow another one?
Thanks folks, and I know everyone's GLAD X-mas is over!!!! But Happy Holidays nonetheless
Jay

There are a few snails that bury in the sand.Nassarius,Ilyanassa ,ceriths and fighting conchs will.Without a pic,I'm unsure on which one.All the ones available are reef safe btw.They bury there bodies and leave the trunk sticking out of the sand.They won't bury themselves to the bottom of a 3'' bed.

Back