Snail Question

LBFish

Reefing newb
I bought a new snail on Saturday and he hasn't moved since then. He is attached to the glass and doesn't seem to want to let go when I tug on him a little bit. Is this normal?

Thanks

If he's staying on the glass, it means he's healthy. If he was sick, he'd just be laying on the bottom doing nothing. What kind of snail did you get?

I just bought some snails as well, but I am a little concerned with their behavior.

I did my usual 3 or 4 hour acclimation - as you should with all inverts - and let them go - careful not to let any of the LFS water into my own system. Most of them are way up high right at the top of the water. Not doing any cleaning and not moving much. Similar thing with the crabs. They have parked themselves to the only 2 or 3 rocks in this bare bottom tank and aren't moving much.

Anybody know whats going on? Chemistry is spot on.

I bought a bunch of snails 2 weeks ago. For the first week, they hung out at the top of the tank also. And there were a lot of them, it was weird. But, now, they have moved on to doing what I bought them for, cleaning my glass. Seems, every time I buy snails, they do that. And as for my crabs, I have this one rock with a bunch of holes in it, I call it my crab condo, that's where you will find all the small ones, the bigger ones can't fit in the holes any more.

Snails will do that sometimes.I guess its the shock of being in a strange enviroment,but who knows:dunno:

Back