Snail?

I think Hawk, it was a cattle prod. jk. : ) I'm with Hawk though, it would be any of the above. I know this might sound stupid, but it could have sustained an injury. I know one of my turbos fell off of a hose or something and cracked his shell really bad, he's fine but I'm sure if he fell just right it would have been enough to seriously injure him. I think I'd lean more towards natural causes. I think if your ammonia,nitrites, nitrates ect. was really high something else would have died before the snail. How do your other animals look? Are they stressed?

Nitrates or temperature swings too. Snails just die sometimes too. Like anything else. They are extra-sensitive to parameters.

It could have fallen onto its back too.Most snails can't right themselves if they end up shell side down in your sand,and their like turtles,if their on their back long enough it kills them.

Last edited:
Biff snails died from obesity.Even your own members crack on you.

Jerm your snail prolly died of starvation,we are the NAAO.

ive been observing my snails...it looks to me that they are a great snack..cause everybody in my tank when they want a bite the look into the snails..good that i have the ocean close..or all my money spendings was gonna be in snails...

hawk, your'e just allways wanting to poke something with a stick.:) i had trouble with them dieing when i used to run my salinity at 1.022. then i read that inverts like a higher salinity. i raised it to 1.024 and haven't had any more problems. don't know if was a coincidence or what. but it seemed to work. they would only live 3 or 4 days before killing over. now ive had some for a couple months.

Back