Snowflake Eel

24 inches tends to be the max they grow to in captivity. Recommended tank size is only 50 gallons so yours should be totally fine in a 120.

oh good because i got him when his was only a couple inches and now he is at least 18 inches and i really dont want to have to give him away he is by far my favorite fish

Yeah I wish they stayed small! If they did I would definitely keep one. Same thing with tangs.... they need dwarf tangs...

24 inches tends to be the max they grow to in captivity. Recommended tank size is only 50 gallons so yours should be totally fine in a 120.

Ive also read that 50 gals or more is the recommended size, but doesnt that seem kinda small for a fish that can reach 2 feet? Or is it because they tend to curl up inside the rocks and hang out there most of the time? In effect the full length of the eel isnt much of a factor because they are not heavy swimmers?

mine likes to come out at night....but only to eat...i would like to get a ribbon eel...

I was at a LFS last night and they had a black ribbon eel, and a ghost ribbon eel. They were the coolest eels ive ever seen. But from what I hear, they are hard to keep because they like to burrow.

mine likes to come out at night....but only to eat...i would like to get a ribbon eel...
It's not that they like to burrow that they are a difficult fish, it is because when you get a ribbion eel most times they refuse to eat in captivity. They are also known jumpers.

The Snowflake I had a few years back man he was a jumper. It found a way to jump out of the tank one night from the back. I found it in the Q-Tank that was under the Show Tank the next morning. then there was one that I had when I was 8 . That found a way to get out of the tank and could not find its way back in to the tank and died on the clear hood gap blocker.

Back