so for example eagle eyes

poksal

Well? .. I AM trying
Now that I think I have my lighting right.. I have soo much to learn..

OK, I have some new eagle eyes in the bottom of my tank.. because I thik I've learned from reading that is what I should do. They are peeking out but not fully extending yet.. I'm getting mixed messages. Is this normal.. and how long do you wait ..or what are the indicators to know when to move them and find the place they like the best??

My tank is 23" deep and I'm running 52 LEDs on RapidLED bars (white/blues/ a bit of red/green/ultraviolet, .. and a 36" bar of Aquaticlife 1W at 54 LED's so my light should be good for "get acquainted" at the bottom... right?

My calcium is at about 460, mag at 1300 and salinity at 33, temp is 78 to 78.5°f and steady. alk is at about 10.. all other tests nailed.

.. when it comes to the bio and chemistry I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer so please be specific and teach me this process.

thank you...

EDIT: PS: my new feather duster tube worm is kick ass.. aren't these guys cool?! ;)

Last edited:
How long have you had the zoas? Were they open when you bought them? They can take a week or so to fully open up if they've been moved to a new tank. Zoas are very easy to keep and don't have specific requirements, so they will usually be happy anywhere you put them, as long as they are not right under the light or right in front of a powerhead.

Thanx for the response...

I have some that have been in my tank a couple of weeks. and purchased some more yesterday. .. I had a high salinity problem until a week ago and low calc last week... if that helps.. this time I want guidance and to DO IT RIGHT..

So at the bottom is ok..:) .?? .. and they are not in too much flow.. so maybe I'm doing something right.

Back