So what's next?

HeyRobi

Reefing newb
Okay I have 3 Black Dominoes Damsels (Biff I did not know they were damsels when I bought them) 2 Peppermint shrimp , some snails and some Hermit crabs! What could or should I add next? I do plan to have corals later. but it may be awhile.

No fish until you get rid of the Dominoes.
One of the most aggressive damsels,IMO.

Your cycle is complete,right?
You mention snails but not what kind.How about sand stirrers,scavenger like Nassarius snails and a Queen conch.

Add fish slowly you don't want to start another cycle if you have already finished one. That seem like a big list to add at once to a new tank though.

I was scared you were going to say that! (Get rid of the damsels) I need to see if the Store will trade me! I only had them for a few days. Yes cycle complete. I dont know what kind of snail, the petstore said they were part of the cleanup crew! They are white and the size of your thumbnail. I have several brittle stars too. 2 are pretty big the biggest has about 5 inch arms. I was stoked about them

If the big brittles are green WATCHOUT! The green ones are called the green death, because they eat sleeping fish. I lost one of my black clowns to mine.

If the big brittles are green WATCHOUT! The green ones are called the green death, because they eat sleeping fish. I lost one of my black clowns to mine.

I have seen 3, out and about, and they were brown the really big one is in the live rock and he just sticks his legs out cant tell what color!

In my experience those damsels can be vicious.I would bring them back.Way to soon for a brittlestar or worst two of them.

Are the snails cone shape?

I think the only bad one are the green ones so if you it is green I would remove it ASAP.

What happened to hotimportknight?

Also make sure you research any fish before you buy it. Your tank is a 33 so maybe about 4 fish depending on what kind.

Even a very small fish like a damsel needs lots of room were some other fish need less. Reef is right that type of damsel is known to be extreamly aggressive and it gets alot worse as they mature.

he bought one and had a nuclear meltdown via anxiety attack, you should check his ongoing question thread and read up on it. the way he talks things through to himself via posts cracks me up!

I should have some base rock in the mail Thursday or Friday so I will be rearranging the tank. I will try to catch them and take them back.

What type a fish should I start with?

Also I am not sure what type of algae I am growing or the color I might be still to new to know what to look for there! I know at my LFS they have purple algae.

This thread is starting to confuse me.What the hell did you say Red?

Robi,
Cone shape,you mentioned nassarius earlier right.If you have any green flim or brown algae then maybe 5 Astreas or Trochus snails.Maybe a couple of cerith snails and one Queen conch will help with that.

I would only go 4-6 smallish fish total but the decision is ultimately up to you.What kinds peak your interest?I like dartfishes,basslets,gobies,blennies and clowns for your tank size.

Back