Some notes on my tank again :)

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I am just getting close to 5 weeks now with my tank set up and this is where my water stands.

My PH is now as high as the scale goes like 8.6
My Ammonia is still near 0
My Nitrites have come up ever so slightly from 2
My Nitrate are flying high at 50 now
My Alk is still in the middle

Last night I took out several pieces of rock and just ripped all the sponge and purple blobs I could get to.

I started out crab hunting but then figured screw it let me remove it before it dies in the tank. I have to say the one piece that I watch grow over the last weeks was so squishy and the rest was rubbery. I wonder if rubber equal death or what.

The one of the 2 Anenomes that has been hiding was now moved because I had to refit the rocks to a place where it has stayed so far in the flow of the tank just waving all night and looking happy and the one that has always enjoys the flow of the powerhead has no took its place in the bank of the tank.

It is weird they just traded places like Akroid and Murphy.

So with my new layout I have provided some great places near the top of the tank for corals. It actually did free up some more swimming area for fish later on and made a few move caves in the process. I couldn't be more pleased.

Well if I could get to the bottom rock I would be but at this point I would have to take all of the rock out of the tank and basically start over if I want to thoroughly remove all the sponges, crabs and mantis.

Trust me I am getting to that point. I mean 5 weeks is long and I am trying to be patient but really starting over with scrubbed rock and eliminating all bad critters may be worth it.

I would have to set up some kind of way to keep all the Porcelains and snails and hermits and starfish happy with no rock for a day.

I don't know if it is worth it but I am getting there.

I was looking at the dry rock which looks like some sprinkled it with purple pepper and can't even imagine anything has made its home there yet.

In the end I am sure doing this will cause me to have to recycle the whole tank but so far the cycle seems like it is frozen. Same readings for 3 weeks with the exception of the PH being high now.

Oh yeah my salinity was way to low which I am mixing saltwater since this morning to fix that up. It was like .020 at best and I was like huh but I think all the little spills I make messing with my UV sterilizer and topping off has caught up to me.

Anyone have a good suggestion?

Just topped last night with saltwater. I actually did more than topoff since I have to add a lot of water back.

I had re-piped my skimmer, etc. so I dumped some water. Maybe like a gallon so I hope that boosts it up a bit.

Man what a pain this is becoming. I had a nice clean set-up and now I have tubes all over just so I can put the skimmer pump in a chamber that has a steady water level.

I need a 4 chamber sump haha.

Back