Some Pictures for Fun

sailfin

What reef tank?
Middle of tank as of tonight.

DSC00452.JPG

An area I like to call Zoo Alley

DSC00450.JPG

I started with a frag of only two of these, they are now six. Got them from Bermuda. I call them Red Lips.

DSC00454.JPG

Hey can you give us specifics about your tank?

Lighting, filtration, live stock, ect....

How bout a full tank shot?

I'll have to get a full tank shot tonight. In the meantime here are some specs.

-Dual 175W 10K's (contemplating 20K's) on for 8 hours/day. I run 24in 96W PC's on the refuge opposite the tank.
-For filtration I have recently converted from a wet dry to a makeshift rubbermaid sump/refuge. This method has actually improved water chemistry.
-Speaking of chemistry all water parameters are in check. Alk and Calcium are at normal levels.
-I dose bionic daily and have been very pleased.
-Shame on me, but I do very little water chages. I might be crazy, but the inhabitants seem to do better. I don't know.
-All in all I have a very basic, bare bones, system. I tend to try and push the envelope. Either very basic or all out. I had very limited monetary supplies due to wife being a penny pincher, so I went the bare bones method.

RevReefer said:
Do you run a skimmer?

Yes, I have a very good one, IMO. It is an Aqua Medic Turbo Flotor 1000. I absolutely get the stinkiest, nastiest, thickest :pooh: out of that thing. It actually stinks up the fish room so bad I have to empty it just to stay in there long enough for top offs and feeding.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :shock:

Nice tank Sail..

I need to get some new ones of my tank, but I'm absolutely horrible at taking pictures.....

Maybe someone could give me some tips.....

BV

Also turn all the lights out, use a tripod, turn your pumps off, make sure your white balance is adjusted right, and take 100's of pic for a few good ones...

Also your post processing has a lot to do with it as well...

Back