Some questions on T5 bulb choices

vonjankmon

Reefing newb
So one of the semi local fish stores near me began carrying Giesemann bulbs and my 8 bulb Nova fixture has been running for close to 6 months now so I think I'm going to replace the stock bulbs.

So my tank has seagrass in it, about 2/3 of the tank is seagrass and the end 1/3 is more typical rock pile. I don't have any corals yet but am planning on getting some beginner ones in the near future, Zoa's and Ric's, maybe some other odds and ends.

I was thinking a combination of bulbs to include the 15,000k AquaBlue that despite the name I think are their "white" bulbs right? And then some Actinic and Midday bulbs. But the naming convention on the Giesemann bulbs really confuses me. They have "Pure Actinic", "Actinic Plus", "Aqua Blue" (white??), Aqua Flora, and Midday bulbs. I can't find out more information on the Aqua Flora and Midday bulbs to figure out what the difference is, the Midday's are 6000k but I can't find out what the Aqua Flora are besides them looking pink, which are normally associated with plant grow bulbs in the 6700k range give or tank but I can't find that for sure anywhere.

Without further information that I am hoping someone can provide I was thinking of doing 3 of the 15k bulbs, 2 Actinic, (not sure which of the two types) and maybe three Midday or Flora, maybe a combination of the two.

Thoughts or experiences with different bulb color combination or more information on the different bulb types would be appreciated.

I would go with two pure actinics, two actinic+, and four aquablue+. I think midday and flora bulbs are for freshwater planted tanks, and doesn't look that good in a marine tank, IMO.

Most of the tank is filled with Seagrass so I would like some flora or midday bulbs to support their growth better. But again not sure what the difference between the two are.

Back