some shots of my ponies and a mystery beast...

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Sorry for the quality, I was using my daughter's point-and-shoot. I really wanted to get some recent shots of my ponies:

This is Pegasus enjoying a bubble massage:

Pegasus and Wonder fishing:

Little Star fishing for pods:

What the heck is this sponge? Is it bad?

Do you use photobucket? Before uploading click on "more options" and choose "large". That'll post good sized pics like so:
DSCN6272.jpg

Looks good Catherine.
I dont think that yellow thing is a sponge.I thinks its some kind of tunicate.At least thats what it looks like to me.

The yellow thing is a tunicate. It's related to a sponge. It's a filter feeder and is harmless. They're actually kinda rare to find, and some of the more colorful ones sell for big bucks. I have some in my tank.

Thanks guys, Biff, are you sure that thing is desirable? It seems to be spreading awfully fast. I've got little spots about the size of a dime scattered over two of my largest LRs. I'm willing to part with some if someone can tell me how to get it off the rocks without harming it and wants to pay for shipping. I like the pretty yellow but I don't want it all over the place!

Catherine

wow i have one yellow sponge well guess it is not really a sponge but it is huge i found it in my sump when i was getting rock for the 10gal tank

Cool horsies!

For bigger pics just right click and copy image address.
Then paste it in the dialog box when you click this icon
insertimage.gif

horsie--pegasus-in-bubbles.jpg

I dont know that you could get that off the rock without killing it Catherine.At lest I've never been able to.

Back