Something blue for my tank

Shane1

Reefing newb
I would like to get something blue for my tank. Someting small (stays small) and easy to care for of course. I guess any bright color would do. Or do you think the tank is stocked enough allready. Any suggestions?
I have the 14 gallon BC with two clowns and the normal cuc.
Here is a vid of the current setup, I think some more color would really do it justice
Thanks
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWUPXVxCBU"]newscape3 9 12 5 - YouTube[/ame]

+1 zoas. I think you are probably at the limit. What filtration do you have? If it's really good you may be able to get away with a goby or something.

If you are comfortable adding fish, then the blue green chromis would work for a blue color depending on your light. Halides and led bring out the best color in chromis. Or maybe a blue devil but if they get aggressive, you should evict it.

check out blue velvet damsel, they have awesome neon blue stripes, also tubbs blue zoanthids.

The Tubbs blue zoas look really nice. Theres so many colors to choose from when it comes to zoas! I think they would look really good on that shelf to left side of the tank.
Thanks

IMO, adding another fish will just be asking for trouble. Especially another territorial fish. I only have two clowns in my 29 gallon tank and they beat the crap out of any fish I add. They are just very ornery. I can't imagine what it would be like in a tank half the size.

I personally would stick with some corals or like Smitty mentioned the blue sponge.

I would not add a damsel to the mix in a 14 gallon.

What kind of lights are you running on the tank? If they're strong enough you could look into a crocea clam. You can find them in some pretty amazing electric blue

I would not add a damsel to the mix in a 14 gallon.

What kind of lights are you running on the tank? If they're strong enough you could look into a crocea clam. You can find them in some pretty amazing electric blue

I have the stock lighting. The bulbs were replaced about 3 months ago. Reading up on the clam I'm not sure my lighting would support it. I do like it though.

I called my LFS today to price out and check the availabilty of the Blue sponge. They want $100.00 for a small one....no thanks:grumble:.

I think a crocea clam would be fine with the stock lighting in a BioCube. That would be a great addition to your tank. They come in purple/blue/green, normally. It's a stretch, but if you could find a lollipop tunicate, you could give it a shot. They can be tough to keep, but your tank has been set up long enough to try one, IMO. Blue zoas or blue clove polyps would still be your best bet, though. Blue chalices are pretty easy to find. Maybe even a small blue linckia if you can find one. (All pictures are from my tank).

Blue clove polyps:
DSC_0079.jpg

Blue linckia:
009-1.jpg

Crocea clam:
DSC_0078.jpg

040.jpg

Blue zoas:
127-1.jpg

126-1.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

049.jpg