Something weird

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
I'm not sure what is growing in my Green Star Polyp rock. I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it...

but

here is my description - let me know if you think you know what it is

There are three of them. They are solid white and look like the bottom end of a funnel. I'd say the biggest one stands about 2" tall. I've been looking at night to see if anything comes out of it. I haven't seen anything.

I would guess a peanut worm they wind up and look kinda funny on the rock. Have you noticed and web or long strings in the water? It could also be a pinapple spong from the sound of it.

Mystery01.jpg

I'll try to get some nighttime pictures when the polyps are retracted. They are tricky to get a good shot of because of the bow front.

I should ask if they are safe or not too

Well thats no peanut worm or the sponge I thought it was. I have no idea. If you figure it out let us know.

It is not solid - I can see down the top of them. At night I am not sure they extend to be longer or just look that way because the green stars are recessed in.

It doesn't really glow - not even under the moonlights. It seems soft - but I haven't poked it yet. ;-) yet...

oohh sounds fun!! throw on some Al Green and be
real gentile when you poke it. lol

No clue on it Ill try and look it up on the net

The coral farm guy thinks it might be 'black sponge'. Weird though.. since it's white. Glad to see he is having problems ID'ing it as well. He said he thinks it will continue to grow and start branching.

Hopefully I'll eventually figure it out.

Back