sos!

Try moving it down near the sand bed. They are probably shocked with the new change in lights, especially since they are probably much stronger than your old ones. Keep it near the bottom for a couple of days and continue to slowly move them up every few days.

Yep, its called bleaching. You want softies (palys, zoas, shrooms, trees) low, lps (anything else with soft polyps) mid tank and sps (anything hard like acro) up top. The lower light stuff also need less flow (still 10-20x+ tank turnover), sps are closer to 40x+. Anemones are soft, but need really high light, but theyll move if theyre unhappy, and gorgonia and feather dusters are another exeption. They need really really high flow because theyre filter feeders.

what is your water temp? sometimes with the new light the water temp goes up and thats whats bleaching the coral.

are the polyps extended?

if isn't temperature it may be just a reaction from the change in light intensity. if your light has an option you may want to stick with actinics and slowly phasing in your 10k's over time.

just fyi - mine is right at the top of my tank and i have 48" 324W of T5HO's

FTS2 by http://www.flickr.com/people/93072545@N02/

Back