Space Invader?

brittant

Dog Person in the Water
I introduced some coral frags to my tank two weeks ago. Even though this frag went in the coral bath twice for ten minutes each (which was too much, I know; it's a long story), three hitchhiking dusters survived. This afternoon, I went into check on my tank as my light timers had been off lately, and saw two or more thin worm-like things extending down from one of the frags. They were based in some rubble-looking stuff that I had not seen before, and appeared to be banded with brown and black. However, when I turned the lights on, they retracted. Any ideas?

I'm wondering if it is a Sea Star, but its legs are smooth...

007.jpg

Attachments

• space invaders.jpg
    space invaders.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
it could be some type of a peanut worm.

Also I dip my frags for a minimum of 20 minutes, so dont worry about dipping them for too long

Aren't peanut worms supposed to have some sort of crown though?\

Okay, thanks... I'm thinking that at least for this frag, that amount of time clearly wasn't enough. ><

I have a nice little bevvy of, erm, stuff exploding in the tank. I've been looking online, and can't find IDs on the following:

1. White stick-like things on my live rock. They don't move, at least not that I see, but they seem to be multiplying.
sitck-likethings.jpg

2. More stick-like things, only these come in yellow/green/brown and seem to change location, even if I do not see them move

worms.jpg

3. White spots riding around on my snails. Not sure if it's a parasite or not:

snails.jpg

4. Finally, something I haven't managed to get a picture of... In a crevasse of my live rock, there's something small (1/4") that appears to have legs like a blue-legged hermit. It seems to have a yellow-and-red striped body. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I think #4 was a molt, but I have a new question...

If there are a lot of little white hairy things on some parts of my live rock, are they likely digitate hydoids? Is there anything that I can specifically do to treat/prevent/remove them? Or is this another thing I just need to wait out?

Also, I am still especially concerned about #1. They are everywhere, and the progression has been steady and observable.

I will take a "guess" for you on #1... it's really hard to tell from the pic but your #1 might actually be some #2 from hermit crabs. If they are longer and more on the white side, then maybe worm poop. I have seen my peanut worms let loose, boy oh boy.

like I said, just a guess.

Back