sponge help

beccajean

Reefing newb
so i just got a orange sponge last week and after the first night in my tank it started getting these giant black holes that look similar to pores.....and it has these lil stick things cloming out of the holes..........is this normal???

no it wasnt exposed to air whatso ever we held the bag below the water and cut it open......and if it were exposed to water wouldnt you think if anything it would jus eject thesee litle things.......instead of new ones popping up and others closing and re opening?

i have no idea i have never had a sponge. maybe it is just a part of the sponge look up that sponge on the internet see what you can find out about it.

hahahaha i was so mermerized with the amazing orange color of it that i just kinda ignored what type of sponge it is lol........i know, huge fish tank no no im an idiot but i was excited...the bf always picks out everything and it drives me nuts because our reef in training has so much green i wanna barf......but i can go back to the store and ask the guy...he is extremely helpful!

This is my guess.The sponge is taking in something from water when it doeas that.
See if you can get a pic.

Back