spots on clown

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
clownfish.jpg

Noticed this morning that my clown had white spots. Was wondering if it is ick or possibly a parasite? Cant catch him or use copper due to the fact he is in my reef tank. Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. Checked all water parameters and they are all in the range they should be at.

Looks like Ick. Feed garlic in his food and leave the lights out for a day. Is he a new addition, or has he been in there for a while? Also, is there anything that may be stressing him? Any recent changes in the tank?

Its hard to tell for sure with the fish being blurry,but it sure looks like ick.
Most of the time,if you'll just leave the fish alone,and soak its food in garlic,they'll fight the ick off on their own.If you go chasing him,you'll just stress him more and make it worse.
Just make sure he's eating and limit his stress as much as possible.If you dont have any cleaner shrimp,get a couple and let them clean the parasites off the clown.

thanks bigh. No he isnt new. had him for awhile now. Well over 6 months. Theres nothing in there that would stress him. one other clown and 2 yellow headed sleepers, 1 coral beauty.

Thanks yote. I appreciate the help. Also congrtaes on the new moderator promotion. ha ha:bounce:. I havent chased him it wouldnt do any good with all the rock and coral he has to hide in.The wife has already started the treatment of garlic just in case it was ich.

Back