SPS Flow Video-Pocilliapora

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Heres a video of my new pocilliapora. For you SPS keepers how does the randomness and flow look to you all?

I get that enough with too small of a return section in my sump...boo. Just wanted to make sure that this coral was getting enough and not too much.

It does have a green tips to the ends. The pink color came out of the main body of it but hopefully itll get it back.

I'm no expert here, but I had 7,300 GPH roaring through my 225. I thought my stuff looked good, but my friend, his coral looks outstanding. He kept telling me to slow the flow down. Me and D.french want to kill him because his stuff looks so good. I took his advise over this last week and shut down all the power heads and dropped the flow to barely moving. To my surpize and against everything I've said & thought, My corals are looking better. Polyp's are out and fuller and ric's are getting bigger. Even my frogspawn has doubled it's size. My Acan is fuller than I've ever seen it.

My flow was like your's in that vid. Just my 0.02.

I'm no expert here, but I had 7,300 GPH roaring through my 225. I thought my stuff looked good, but my friend, his coral looks outstanding. He kept telling me to slow the flow down. Me and D.french want to kill him because his stuff looks so good. I took his advise over this last week and shut down all the power heads and dropped the flow to barely moving. To my surpize and against everything I've said & thought, My corals are looking better. Polyp's are out and fuller and ric's are getting bigger. Even my frogspawn has doubled it's size. My Acan is fuller than I've ever seen it.

My flow was like your's in that vid. Just my 0.02.

Do you have SPS?

LPS and softies for the most part, prefer lower flow than for SPS. Probably why your frogspawn and company got better looking with the lower flow. IMO

Back