stand build

mm16

Reefing newb
just finished the stand fram for my 285 gallon tank. I knocked the wall down and put a new header up. One side is going.to be flush with the sheetrock and.the other is going to have built in cabinets. Any thoughts or suggestions before I make the panels?

Attachments

• 2012-12-18 21.07.01.jpg
    2012-12-18 21.07.01.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 2012-12-18 21.06.24.jpg
    2012-12-18 21.06.24.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 2012-12-13 22.40.01.jpg
    2012-12-13 22.40.01.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 414
That will make things much easier. My only thoughts were if any of the electric or plumbing could be done before panels were installed to make access to all sides easier...that is if its not done already. Other than that, keep the pictures coming looks great.

I have a comment/suggestion.. It is that I'm jealous.

I agree, wire up for anything thing you even dream you may want to power, now. I ran lots of wire and a bank of 4x4 outlets. Then I ran a bank of light switches and each switch controls power to a 4x4 outlet. Then I put some cross boards up high under the tank in the cabinet. Then when I plugged everything in I ran the cords up over those cross boards and to the specific outlet. It is tidy and I can kill anything by flipping a labeled light switch. Do the same basic thing at your sump but in a different location. 4x4 boxes, outlets, and light switches are way too cheap not to do while you are at it.

Im an electrician so all that was probably going to be over done anyway. All my equipment is going to be in the basement right underneath the tank.

Thanks

Im an electrician so all that was probably going to be over done anyway. All my equipment is going to be in the basement right underneath the tank.

Thanks

I'm a retired machine design engineer.. so high five... we get that part don't we.. it is all the eco part I suck at.. but am trying.

Back