Starfish help

fastrd400

It wasn't me!
I'm gonna try this again, as the last time it became a muck muck session. I have a blue Linkia starfish. I noticed the other day his arms started looking like they were beginning to flatten out. Today I noticed some sort of something coming out of one arm, and from underneath him. I tried to take a few pics but they didn't come out to well. I'll post em anyway, and if I need better ones I can get them later. My fear is that he is dying.
PB200005.jpg

My fear is that it is dying also. When you acclimated it you did not expose to air did you. Also they need a slow acclimation like a drip acclimation but the key is do not expose to air.

Here it is:

Well I actually have some input on the linkia question.

Linkias are extremely difficult to keep alive. They rarely last longer than a couple months in captivity. It may need to be fed, but the main reason people can't seem to keep them alive is because no one really knows what they eat. It's a shame that so many people buy them -- understandable, because they are so beautiful. But their survival rate is abysmal and they usually waste away and we just don't know why. They are animals that should only be kept by experts, and probably even left in the ocean.

Hmmmm, well what to do now? Do I try feeding him (I tried last night) and see if he comes back, or is it too late and I should wait for him to die? Should I get him out before he dies off completely? If he dies in the tank is that going to effect anything like an anemone would?

Well, not looking white, or disentigrating. He actually moved around a bit today. He does however still have that brown stuff coming out of his mouth area.

Back