Starphire Glass

For me, personally, no. When I bought my 90 gallon, getting Starphire glass was an option, but not worth the cost to me. There are some people that wouldn't get a tank without it. When you look at a tank with Starphire glass, you really can see a difference. I notice how much better things look. But not $200 more better!

There is a middle ground -- you can get Starphire glass only on the front panel (instead of three sides) and that will save you about 50%.

If you can afford it, I think so. The whole point for many of our tanks is for the corals to look as healthy, colorful and beautiful as possible. Starphire helps, but plenty of tanks look AMAZING without it. Can't imagine what they'd look like with starphire though...

me i really like it but thats just me i have a 75 that dont have it and the water to me has always had a green tint to it and the 180 i got a couple of months ago does have starphire glass of the front and both sides and the green tint to the water is gone so yes if you can afford it it is worth it i just got lucky and got mine off craigslist for 200 bucks

Back