Starry Blenny issues

I alwys give to pieces of algea sheet in my tank one on one side with a clip and another on the other side. Sometimes my fish punk my Sailfin and dont let him eat so i do this that way he can grub also. I try and add the sheets before lights on because i have a Flame Angel that loves to pick on my Wellsophylia if it does not have Nori to pick on. this past weekend i was reallt bussy and was getting the sheets in really late and my brain was deflated and i know it was becasue of the tham flame angel. Now since monday im back to my routine and everything is good again. Im almost at the point where i want to remove the flame but i love his colors. So i know what you going thru, hopefully your kole recovers.

I alwys give to pieces of algea sheet in my tank one on one side with a clip and another on the other side. Sometimes my fish punk my Sailfin and dont let him eat so i do this that way he can grub also. I try and add the sheets before lights on because i have a Flame Angel that loves to pick on my Wellsophylia if it does not have Nori to pick on. this past weekend i was reallt bussy and was getting the sheets in really late and my brain was deflated and i know it was becasue of the tham flame angel. Now since monday im back to my routine and everything is good again. Im almost at the point where i want to remove the flame but i love his colors. So i know what you going thru, hopefully your kole recovers.

I have heard that any angels can pick at coral but that the coral beauty and flame angels are less problematic. Normally a starry blenny and a kole tang can be okay together, but there is also the exception to every rule. My coral beauty has been fine. My kole tang's weight loss was from the fear of the starry blenny we brought home. We tried for 3 weeks. The starry would attack her first over algae sheets, then over just being present. I hung 2 algae sheets, fed 2X a day, and even built a blenny box where he could feed extra. By this time, she was so bitten up by him that her recovery became difficult. He was put in the sump for several days then returned to the LFS.

I have a YT and he is plenty fat. The blenny never bothered him.

Yeah my Yellow Tang is Fat also, My Sailfin is a bit skinnyer than him but not all that bad, I notice He does not like the Misis he only eat certain things. So hes a bit more picky. I did notice that he will eat my home made stuff like crazy so i started feeding a bit of that every other day for him to eat.

As far the flame goes hes pretty good about leaving all my other coral alone he just seems to pick at my acan and wellso if he does not have nori. So i guess its not that big of a deal since i have 2 tangs anyways i have to keep nori in there everyday.

Back