stick insect looking critter

jase

Reefing newb
hey guys
After recently losing all my fish and coral to an equipment failure I've had to start again from scratch, I'm about 1 month into my cycle with the tank almost ready to restock

Just had a look at the tank when i spotted these little guys having a little fight. I've searched for any reference to what they are with no luck so far, does anyone know what they are and also are they a pest that needs to be dealt with before i start restocking

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 459
no it's not a sea spider, In the pic there are two of these critters and u can see their heads with two antenna and they have two arms each that look like a prey mantis

thanks bifferwine that's them
just had a real good look and i've found at least 8 of them though those two in the pic are the biggest at 2cm long

coppied from wikipedia
Caprellids are omnivorous, feeding on diatoms, detritus, protozoans, smaller amphipods,

So good guys :)

I didn't get it from buying live rock as I've had all my rock for a few years now, As i said i lost all my coral and fish to my equipment failing, I had to get rid of all my water as it was pretty toxic so i collected new saltwater and i must of gotten them when i was pumping the water near the rocks

Back