Stocking Opinions

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
I'm in quite a quandry now. I had ordered a lemonpeel mimic tang through liveaquaria a week and a half ago, but they ran out before they could fill my order. They left me the option of leaving the order open for a couple weeks in case they got any more in, but i'm thinking I may need to make a contingency plan. My problem is that the fish I want are all more aggressive than the mimic tang. Possible fish include a flame angel, kole tang, an expensive purple tang, and dang, but biff's powder brown in her 90 has me considering a powder brown for mine......but I know they're a PITA to acclimate, and i'm not sure I want to risk it now anyway.

So I come here for opinions on what to add next in the event that they don't get the mimic tang back in stock. Any input?

I would go with the flame angels, and i wouldnt try either of the powder tangs in a 90. Just breathe wrong and those guys break out in ich.

Thanks LilFish. I know they're toughies. I've heard a lot of rough stories on here, which is why i'm really gunshy about them. I guess i'm just suffering tank envy! Maybe one day when I have a lot more experience and/or a larger tank for the powders. They're just so pretty! Although my absolute dream fish is an achilles. Hot damn, but that's a gorgeous fish to me! Not even going there right now though. Not enough space or experience to tackle one of those!

I know exactly how you feel, there are many days when i totally loath having tank that is only 3ft long. But i could never in good conscious buy a fish, coral or invert without knowing i could provide for it. SO instead, i dream, wait, and plan......

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but do you think that with my current stock I would be able to add a flame? My wife has always wanted one...

I agree to pass on the powder brown tang. Mine did eventually die of ich. As 99% of them seem to do. And I added mine to an established, mature tank. I tried to give it the best environment possible, but even that isn't enough for those guys sometimes!

Back