Storing salt water

Dantitan

Reefing newb
I recently bought a 32 gallon trash can from wal-mart, and didn't know if I needed to do anything special to it before I put my water in it. It is made out of recyled material and has a lid. I bought a small powerhead to put in it to keep the water circulated. Is it ready to store water? :question:

I would wipe it out with some vinegar to remove any residue from the manufacturing process before putting any water in it.

If you want, you can also put a heater in it to keep it at tank temps for water changes too.

What do you mean by small powerhead also? I used to use a koralia nano in a 5g bucket and I would always have salt end up settling on the bottom, I got a maxijet when I started using 10g trashcans and I haven't had the same problem since

What do you mean by small powerhead also? I used to use a koralia nano in a 5g bucket and I would always have salt end up settling on the bottom, I got a maxijet when I started using 10g trashcans and I haven't had the same problem since

170 GPH aqua-tech power head. My plan is to use the power head as circulation only. I will mix the salt into the water myself.

Back