Stress/ Ammonia spike ?

jarock

Reefing newb
I plan on moving all 100 pounds of my live rock to make it more appealing and cave like in my tank. My question is, is there any good place where i should put my toad stools, and mushrooms and leather coral's? i am using a stock lighting system cause my new lighting is still not here and should hopefully be here monday or tuesday i hope. Also will that stress my fish terribly moving everything that much and anything in my tank that's living? Will it cause any extra stress or at least to the point where i should be worried or perhaps an ammonia spike even ? This will be the last time i will be moving my live rock in my tank around . If anyone could add there two cents that would be appreciated :)

There's a chance you could spike something when you disturb the sandbed. As far as stressing the fish, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I've moved my rock around 2 or 3 times with my fish in the tank, and he's fine. Your fish may stress out a little but, if they're healthy it shouldn't be anything that would kill them

Just try not to disturb the sand too much...also, have some wc water available so when you're finished, you can clear the water up some. We've all changed our rocks around several times without incident.

Back