Stupid BigAl

DesoShade

I'm a noooooob
:frustrat: Stupid stupid bigal. i ordered some things from bigalsonline.com and I'm disappointed. I ordered a 100w jager heater which was advertised as "submersible". only to find out today, after instlaling it, that it is NOT submersible at all. In fact, it has pretty demanding water level requirements. ARGH! That was some pretty dirty false advertising that caused me to end up with a part opposite of what I wanted. :grumble: Be wary of that website. Who knows what else is mis-cataloged and falsely advertised.

I'm sure I could send it back, but then I would have to pay for all the shipping/handling charges again, plus deal with the WAIT of receiving a replacement and who knows how long that would take.

I have ordered form them before and love them. I got everything I order, just the way they said it would be, also a great price, and shipped very quikly. Are you sure you didn'y miss somthing, or accidently order the wrong one? Did try to contact customer service to see if they made a mistake, if so I bet they will fix it no charge to you. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

I ordered from them many times.I believe they are a reputable company.I had lights broken from shipping,I called Big Al's CS,They had me set the lights out for UPS pick-up,When they receive the shipping info back,they send out a new one.Call them up,they will work with you.

When Jebo Jager sold out the new company did not spend the money or do the things needed to relist the heater for full submerging as I am told. There are quite a few of the hobbist that still submerge the heater you bought and im told with no problems, however, since the heater is not listed for full submerging the warranty is useless if you have a malfunction of any kind. I got rid of the ones I had (4) for that very reason and have decided to go with the stealth heaters. Good luck my friend, and yes this is not rocket science, if the heater is not listed for underwater use and that is what you want, then, I would contact BigAL and see what their position is. I had the sales people tell me it was just fine and was only a listing issue, however, the manufacturer would not stand behind the heater if fully submerged, so, go figure, anyway keep us posted and do give big al a chance to make it right for you. good luck.

I'll probably not submerse it since it wasn't designed to be submersed. I'll just stick it to the side of the tank and try it out. See if it works ok.

Why the aversion to calling customer service and having them fix it? Don't use it if it's not what you wanted. Call and complain, and I'm sure they will refund your money. Chicken. :)

Okay. I emailed customer service and this is their reply:
[FONT=&quot]I'm sorry for the confusion. I assure you that the heater is fully submersible. Due to regulations issued by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) we had to have Eheim add that max fill line to be able to import and sell the heater in Canada. If the line was not there, the heater would not be legal to sell in Canada. It is more economical and less confusing for us to have one group of stock for both Canada and the U.S. then to have and entire warehouse in the U.S. just for the Jager heaters. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you were to buy that heater directly from Eheim, it would not have that line. Please check out the link below for the heaters on the Eheim website.[/FONT]

Aw man I'm confused. I was reading through the instructions for the heater, and in the instructions it says to not submerse the heater. Oh it's on now. lol I'm gonna get to the bottom of this one. I'll try emailing jager.

Back