Suggestions on protein skimmers?

Veilside0Three

Reefing newb
Okay, so i mentioned in another thread that I bought a seaclone 100 out of panic the other night. This thing hasnt made anything more than a fizz, and a couple brown streaks at the bottom of the collection cup. So i decided to remove it and return it.

Now my question is... What protein skimmer would you suggest? I DO NOT have a sump, so an in sump is out of the question. I would like either a stand alone, or hang-on. I would also like to keep it under $300, $250 if possible. Under $200 would be amazing, lol.

Anyone?

The MCE-300 didn't go over well at all, but I think that has alot to do with everyone expecting it to over perform like the mce-600 did. Having said that, the octo 800 is supposed to pull gunk like the mce600, so at 239 bucks, I don't think you will find better.

So petsmart would not let me return the seaclone. So should I take the store credit to buy filter media and such? Or should I keep it and modify it? Once modified, is it worth the $100? Or should I just no waste my time?

The MCE-300 didn't go over well at all, but I think that has alot to do with everyone expecting it to over perform like the mce-600 did. Having said that, the octo 800 is supposed to pull gunk like the mce600, so at 239 bucks, I don't think you will find better.
good to know. i never read reviews on the 300. I love my 600. I am really a huge fan of the whole deltec line. i dont think I will ever buy another brand skimmer. The rest of their models are so awesome. And the self cleaning head mod is awesome too!

Back