sulfathiazole?!?!

Lab_boy

Reefing newb
I have been doing saltwater for 2 years now and just came across and icky problem :-( I am using a product called suthathiazole...I used it 3 days ago and did not have to good of results. The instructions said repeat in three days if systems are still occurring....well I did witch was today .....now my LF guy told me to not use chemical filtration and to turn off my Skimmer ...Wichita I did both times now and I upped my temp to 78° ....now can any one tell me how long do I need to keep my filters out for and how long till I can turn my sump on...I started my second round of medication (SULATHIAZOLE) at 3:00pm central today filters out and sump still off ...please if any one can clarify this for me it would be much appreciated ...thanks :-) advise is always welcome :-)

are there corals in that tank or is it just fish only?
if there are corals I would not be using that in the tank. Better to get the fish out and into a hospital tank while the ich takes its course.. treat it in the hospital tank while the main tank sits empty for a few weeks to make sure the ich is gone.. this is the only sure fire way of getting rid of ich from the tank, unless like I said there are no corals or invertabrates in it..I would leave the filtration off the 3 days and if gone do a waterchange and then turn everything back on.. but in most cases it isnt gone that quickly unless copper or hyposalinity is used.. read this for more info on it..
https://www.livingreefs.com/oh-no-have-ich-do-do-t30950.html

Back