Sump problem

Abeezie

Reefing newb
Once again i come to the best forum on the net for help. Due to the 3 P's i have run into an issue with my sump. I read almost every DIY sump build if not all on this forum, drew up my plans and changed them time and time again. I finally acquired the protien skimmer i have wanted and put the DIY project into work today. Well to make a long story short my sump WILL NOT fit under my tank in my stand :frustrat:. It looked like it would fit, i was almost sure it would fit but of course it didnt. It would have been to easy if everything went as planned. Now my question is can i remove the brace that runs from top to bottom in the middle of the backside of the stand without ruining the integrity of the stand? The brace will not be replaced due to space limitations. Should i just junk the sump idea until i can get a new stand? Im open to any advice or ideas. Thanks in advance!

If its like my 55 I'd say no. You might be able to shore up the underside and add a 2x4 (on its edge) to the back(bottom side of the tank stand) and 2x4 legs, kind of like framing in a window. Then remove the center support. Like a header. Thats the only thing I can think of.

thats exactly what i ended up doing i just cut 2 2x4 supports and put them on each side of the sump as a brace. It worked flawlessly!:mrgreen:

Back