Sump Return

MikeM

Reefing newb
Hi
My sump return is a 1" PVC spray bar (1500gal hr.) located 2" above the substrate behind the LR running the entire length of the tank.
It has kept the space behind the LR clean since I set up this tank (20mo. ago.)
The holes in the spray bar are starting to clog and causing to much pressure which is pushing substrate to the front of the tank.
I would like to change the set up using a 1" SCWD feeding 2 flow accelerators.
Placement of the accelerators is my question.
I thought i would place them either in the back corners 2/3 down facing the center of the rear glass,
or back to back behind the LR (center/rear) facing the rear corners.
I an trying to maintain flow to prevent any build up behind the LR
plus the SCWD would give me a little more wave action. Any suggestions?
Thanks MIKE:sfish:

First off,Welcome to the site.
The only problem I can see with the returns pointed to the corners is its going to blow the sand out of the corners.You might be alright with them on each end.One higher than the other,pointed at each other.

Thanks for the welcome
Since this is my first time using flow accellerators I did not know if placing them in the corners would restrict the ammount of water available to them. You bring up a good point if I place them in the center facing the corners the force would blow the substrate out of the corners. Any other ideas would be helpful - Thanks MIKE

I dont think that placeing them in the corners would restrict the the flow.And it would give you more options as to where to aim the flow.

I think what am going to do is place them in the corners as suggested but on top and move the two from my closed loop which are on top now to 2/3 down, Thanks for the help

Back