Sump Setup

Juiced19

Reefing newb
Okay i want to get a sump. I know how to set the glass in the 10 gallon tank i just dont know what i need to get the water from my tank to the sump and a return line. Where do i buy the pumps to do that and do i need a protein skimmer to put into the sump. Im not sure how to plum that either. Thanks

I have done alot of research on the sumps. If your not drilled then you going to have to siphon the water. Overflow box is the most used. Seems like the return pump is Mag 5. Put a ball valve on it to regulate the flow to match your inlet. Going to take some playing with it and testing. Good Luck. Google it there is a bunch of ideas. Also several diffrent ideas on how to set up your sump.

Okay i want to get a sump. I know how to set the glass in the 10 gallon tank i just dont know what i need to get the water from my tank to the sump and a return line. Where do i buy the pumps to do that and do i need a protein skimmer to put into the sump. Im not sure how to plum that either. Thanks
I just got my 55 going with a 20 gallon sump. I went with the Aqualine 600 gph overflow and an Odysea 700 gph pump. I got both of these off of ebay. I plumbed it all with schedule 40 pvc with ball valves on both overflow and return lines. I do need to add a check valve in the return line to stop the flow back into my sump when the power is shut off so I dont flood the room.

I also built an algae scrubber for the sump to take care of Phosphates and Nitrates instead of buying a protein skimmer. I just need to raise the pipe a few inches and place the lights for it and it will be scrubbing away. I have pics posted in a thread (its finally up and running) in the New to reefing forum.

Back