Sump tank build help

Cody010493

Reefing newb
I am building my very first sump tank and need some help my aquarium is a fluval 600 so it has two drilled out hole on main tank. i am thinking about adding 10 gal. tank but i do have a 20 or 29 can't remember but the cabinets dimensions on the tanks cabinet is (24.75" L x 17.5" W x 31.5" H). it has no shelf. though my lfs said they would help i want to know what all i need to get to get this thing accomplished so i can get rid of that stupid canister filter...............any help on what i need to buy and what pumps etc. would be good for tank it is a 33gal.. any input will help.. i also have the coralife super skimmer 65 gal. that i am gonna put in sump so any ideas on build and advice will be appreciated. Thanks

I would put the skimmer in the first baffle, but id make this compartment big enough to fit a better skimmer down there cuz ur gonna wanna upgade eventually. the coralife skimmer aint that great. but as far as a pump I would go with a mag 5.

ok and what will i need as far as hoses etc. ? could i use the hoses going to the canister filter ? or do i need an over flow box like i have seen online ? bc i do have two drilled holes in my tank. Im a newbie lol

Since your tank is drilled, you will not need an overflow box. You will need bulkheads for those holes, though. And you will have to get new hoses. You can get vinyl tubing at the hardware store.

this is what it looks like under the tank and in the aquarium it has two bulkheads on the inside i believe

Attachments

• IMG_0300[1].jpg
    IMG_0300[1].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_0302[1].jpg
    IMG_0302[1].jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_0301[1].jpg
    IMG_0301[1].jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 443
Back