Sump tank for Nano

Rho

Reefing newb
So, as some of you may know, I am stealing Stag's Nano and putting a few fish in it (see this forum: https://www.livingreefs.com/friends-stagofdoom-t27202.html). He and I are also discussing adding a 10 gallon sump tank to it. Now a few questions arise:
1) What kind of pump should I use?
2) What protein skimmer should I use?
3) How do we go about doing it? (ie. do I have to drill a hole?)
4) Could I even do a refugium in there?
Your input is greatly appreciated :D

What kind of nano is it? Hard to answer without that knowledge but I'll try:

1) Good pumps for your return would be either the maxi-jet 1200 or 900 and I would also suggest adding a Koralia Evo to increase the flow as well.

2) I've heard the Tunze 9002 are a great skimmer for nano's and have a very small footprint.

3) To add a sump your best bet would be to attach an overflow box

4) Of course you could as long as you have space to fit it in the sump.

Ah yes. It is a 24 gal Nano with a overflox box on the back for a small protein skimmer. So theoretically I could drill a hole in the overflow box, connect that to the sump using the pumps you suggested, and divide the sump into compartments for the skimmer you suggested and a refugium?

I dont think there is enough space to put a protein skimmer and a refugium in a 10 gal tank. I would just go with a decent protein skimmer.

And the back of the nano is 3 compartments. 1 that has a huge sponge, the next one had a sponge and its also got a bag of stuff, dont remember what its called, and the last compartment is the pump to shoot it back into the tank.

I believe its a JBJ nano.

Back