Sump Upgrade Plans

on thing to remember with this is as you decrease flow the pressure will in increase and with the line lock it will move more water in you tank

I definitely want to add the lock line how do I connect it to the 1" PBS pipe. Does that increase head pressure'?. I think I'll setup the 90g with one return with loc-line. Then for my 30g frag I'm going to buy a custom 30g extra long that will go over the sump on the same stand. I will use the same sump ill just use a seperate pump. I have a rio 2100+ that' pumps 200g/hour that would work well. I don't think I can run it externally though.

Do your calculations with a 3/4" pipe size. I wouldn't worry too much about loss from your loc line configs.

One return with loc line fittings is a good idea. You can get loc-line fittings that will spilt the flow. I have a "Y" split and use a hydor flo deflector (it rotates) on one and regular outflow on the other.

Without doing any crazy math, a 1100 gph pump on a 90 gallon with a single line 3/4" inch return accounting for probably about 3-4' (vertical height) head loss - sounds about right.

Last edited:
Do your calculations with a 3/4" pipe size. I wouldn't worry too much about loss from your loc line configs.

One return with loc line fittings is a good idea. You can get loc-line fittings that will spilt the flow. I have a "Y" split and use a hydor flo deflector (it rotates) on one and regular outflow on the other.

Do u have a picture?

First shot is above water
2 - looking up - the hydor deflector is the thing on the left - it rotates and sprays water in circular flow pattern
3 - showing the water flow - creates bit of wave on surface of water

Attachments

• IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_5805.jpg
    IMG_5805.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_5806.jpg
    IMG_5806.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 277
Back