Superglue

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Every time I use it, the stuff floats away in the water and little white specks go everywhere. I usually have to apply 3 or 4 times before I can get the rock (with coral on it) to bond. Is there something easier than Superglue?

Pull what you want to glue the frag to out of the water, tab it dry with a towel, apply super glue gel, put frag bottom in the gel, wait about 15 seconds for it to bond and put the rock or whatever back in the tank. Works for me about 95% of the time. Something don't attach with super glue though. Stuff like xenia, mushrooms, and leathers end up falling off in a day or two, and I usually have to put them in a container for a few days with rubble to attach to.

I just use the superglue gel on a piece of rock. I don't even dab it dry. Then I resubmerge the rock and place the frag on the glue gently then place the rock where you want it to go. I also wear the surgical type of gloves to protect my fingers from the glue and the corals sensitve tissue from my fingers. I have never had an issue this way.

Thanks gang. I have very busy for the past four months and thanks to the secretary of defense dropping the " stopp- loss" policy I can now finish up my 13 years in the army and not deploy again this go-round. My time is up and now I can concentrate on my wife and son (and reef tank of course). I just wish my acrapora frags would grow faster. Are they just really slow growing?

They'll take spurts where they grow pretty quick,then they'll slow down for a while.
Thats just the nature of the game with acros.

Back