t5 bulbs

AHill40

reefer head
Does any one know where i can buy t5 bulbs, 50/50, 10.000k, Atinics, Really cheap??? I got my 125gl last week, i think i need more lighting and i got some new ballast from a friend of mine through some trading they are Advance Centium ICN-2S54-90C I got 3 of them from him. Has any one herd of these ballast? Are they any good? Im going to make a new canopy and will probibly make my own lighting system using t5. how many bulbs would i need for a 125gl? I was told by a friend of mine to use no less than 8 bulbs...???? I hope some one can help, Thanks.

Rule of thumb is 4 watts of light per gallon of tank water. 125 x 4 = 500watts However Bifferwine and myself are both running experiments using only 4 T5 bulbs at 54 watts each. Hers on a 90 gallon, mine on a 120 gallon.

That's a good, electronic ballast that will fire 2 48" T5HO 54w bulbs each.
As far as how many bulbs you need, what are the dimensions of the tank and what type of corals do you plan on keeping? Also, what's you plan for reflectors since that is what makes T5HO good. T5HO lighting without quality reflectors is barely better than Compact Fluorescent bulbs.

+1 to ccCapt.

I've only got a few small frags in my tank so far but they have been growing quite well under my lighting conditions. I'm using 7 54w bulbs over my 4ft 150 gal tank but my fixture has great individual reflectors.

To answer your initial question I purchased my initial set of bulbs from Aquarium Specialty. Bulk Reef Supply also has a fair price for bulbs and just started carrying the bulbs I use so I may order from them when I replace bulbs.

That's a good, electronic ballast that will fire 2 48" T5HO 54w bulbs each.
As far as how many bulbs you need, what are the dimensions of the tank and what type of corals do you plan on keeping? Also, what's you plan for reflectors since that is what makes T5HO good. T5HO lighting without quality reflectors is barely better than Compact Fluorescent bulbs.

My dimensions are 72''x18''x23'' The only corrals I have at the moment are mushroums,zoa's,Two candy cane corrals and a leather coral. I would like to get more later but right now just wanting to mantian what I have at the moment. Im not sure asbout the reflectors,I will soon be making a canopy with a lid so I'll probibly be installing the lights to the lid???The lighting issues still some what is confusing. Your help is much appreciated

Back