Talbot Damsels?

ZombiePuffer

Reefing newb
Hello all,

I got 2 Talbot Damsels on Thursday of last week on Saturday I noticed one was kinda picking on the other pretty good to where the one was being pretty much pushed into the top corner of the tank. My LFS told me they are usually nice fish and only mildly aggressive. The one keeps picking at and swimming fast at the other then turning and kinda flicking its tail at the one. Has anyone had issues with having 2 Tablot Damsels together?

I got them at the same LFS at the same time. I did hear that if you added them at different times they can be aggressive.

20g is too small for 2 damsels unless it is a pair of clowns but eventually the pair of clowns will be aggressive towards anything else in the tank. A damsel in a tank that small is going to be aggressive towards almost anything you add.

Ah I'm new to the whole thing so I listened to my LFS the lady said they would be fine together. Thanks for the info. My goal is to get 2 Clowns in the tank but Im letting these guys in it till a while.

Ah I'm new to the whole thing so I listened to my LFS the lady said they would be fine together. Thanks for the info. My goal is to get 2 Clowns in the tank but Im letting these guys in it till a while.

When we are newbies we make those kind of mistakes (listen to the LFS person advice). Next time try to do some research on the fish you want prior to buy them. That way you will have some knowledge before you go there and buy what you want.

My first fish was a dottyback and the lady in the LFS also told me they were very peaceful fish, but they are semi-aggressive so it shouldn't be the first fish you add to a tank. And I experienced this when I added my next fish a pair of blackclowns to my tank. But, now they all get along together.

Remember that some LFS just want to sell what they have and they take advantage from you if you don't know what you are buying. You can always use the forum to ask questions before you make decisions about what to buy.

Back