Tang Compatibility - Round two :)

Well developments on this front too...

As some of you might know I have a purple now... and my LFS is bring in my other Tang choices for the new tank.

The winners....

Purple Tang
Chevron Tang
Achilles Tang

Now the question is when to bring them home...

Obviously, not until the the new tank arrives...but..

I have a few questions....

a) How long before moving anything over? (I will be using all my existing rock and existing rock from another reefer) The sand will be new. I will transfer as much of my water into the new tank over a week or two....

b) Should I move all 3 tangs into the 125 at the same time? (Would I be risking a cycle?) Obviously none of these fish are inexpensive... I really don't want to risk casualties.

c) if there are problems...generally how long before they will show? (aggression etc)

I think that is it...but if anything else comes to mind...feel free to share.

thanks
Chris

Ok first off, The achillies is one of the hardest of the tang family to introduce into the tank.If you just look at him wrong he will get ich, 2nd if your purple tang is bigger he will bully the others if you dont introduce them at the same time (the purple tang is very aggresive) ....It,s gonna be kinda hard to introduce them all at the same time with it being a new tank and all..But goodluck:Cheers:

Ok first off, The achillies is one of the hardest of the tang family to introduce into the tank.If you just look at him wrong he will get ich, 2nd if your purple tang is bigger he will bully the others if you dont introduce them at the same time (the purple tang is very aggresive) ....It,s gonna be kinda hard to introduce them all at the same time with it being a new tank and all..But goodluck:Cheers:

but soooo nice looking:Cheers:....and ich is only a problem,if you choose to let it be

I have 2 friends locally that have them...and they have been rock solid.. no ick ,great eaters etc.

Any other opinions on how to go from getting the purple from the temporary 58 to the new tank along with the 2 new fish?

Any suggestions on how? The purple is definitely bigger than the chevron... the Achilles....not sure yet. This purple came out of a large tank and was actually the one being bullied... now he is the biggest fish for now....so it is possible that the aggression will start...

I'd say introduce them at the same time, keep the lights off for a few days, and keep your eyes on them. Rearrange rocks if you have to.

Some people report that taping a picture of the aggressive tang to the side of the tank keeps them busy.

Everybody else has you covered on the tangs.
If it was me.I'd give the new tank at least 2 or 3 weeks before adding the new tangs.That way you can make sure its not gonna kick off a cycle.Moving everything over SHOULDNT.But then again its of those things where it could to.

Everybody else has you covered on the tangs.
If it was me.I'd give the new tank at least 2 or 3 weeks before adding the new tangs.That way you can make sure its not gonna kick off a cycle.Moving everything over SHOULDNT.But then again its of those things where it could to.

that's about the time-line I was thinking too... that way I can keep adding water from the smaller tank over that period hopefully minimizing any water chemistry differences...

I should know tomorrow about the Achilles... (still not sure if he is coming in)

Bad news...no achilles....the only one they could get was huge... I wanted him to be the same size as the others...

So I guess I am going to have trouble being able to introduce them all at the same time....

Back