Tang to Tang

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
So....if you had 2 tangs that were introduced at the same time, then one dies, what is the best way to reintroduce a replacement tang with the remaining tang in the tank? I don't want all out war in my tank. How have you guys done it?

What you want to do is add a tang with different body shape and color. If they do get to scraping then cut off the lights and move some rock around.

A mimic/chocolate:sad:, i just lost mine(avatar).Had him 2+ years,its awsome to watch them change.Anyway,if it gets too crazy in there,try the mirror trick.Place a small shaving mirror or something 5X5 inches ,the pbt will be way more interested in the fact that there is another one of him in there,he won't really bother the new guy.Then you can remove the mirror in a few days.The pbt will always be aware of the fact there was another one in there, and kinda be looking over his shoulder, in a way,and SHOULD leave your new one alone.Good luck.Look forward to a pic also..

Thanks OhNoNemo! That's just the little trick I needed to know. The mirror plus the newly stocked veggie clip kept my PBT so distracted that she didn't even notice the new tankmate! Here he/she is:

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

When the PBT finally noticed, she did her little threat display once, and now the two of them have spent the last few hours swimming happily side by side.

IMG_2920.jpg

Good looking fish! Congrats on the peaceful addition to your tank. I will have to remember that trick!

Not sure what you mean steel,i don't even see it pictured?
Anyway,glad the trick worked.Nice fish you got there,even though i would have liked to see a mimic:D LOL ,JK.....Good luck with him.

I get it now.I thought he may have just got it confused with an atlantic or something.I never really heard of a hippo refeared to as a blue?When i hear blue tang,i think of an atlatic.

Thanks! It seems to have acclimated nicely. I'm relieved. Have been wanting another tang for quite some time, but didn't want to send the new critter to its doom. *L*

should be totally fine together. I really love Sailfins. Hope all goes well. There should be no issues adding a zebrasoma that is totally different in color too.

Back