Tangs !!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Ok so i currently have a Kole tang in Quarentine and he seems to be doing good and will be going in my DT no earlyer than 3 weeks from now, anyways my choice to get the kole first was because i here there the less agressive from the tangs i currently want. Im also hopefully getting a yellow tang and a purple tang after i put him in the DT. my question is will they be ok toghether in the QT tank ?? Meaning the Yellow and Purpple tand ??? and will they be ok with the kole tang ones i move them into the DT. I was thinking of making a plexyglass divider for the QT with holes drilled in it so they wont fight. Anyways any help will be appreciated.

I would wait and quarantine them one by one. Those tangs are going to be very aggressive and stressed together in quarantine.

It is good that you will be quarantining them after the kole tang moves to the display tank. If you added them to quarantine while the kole was still in there, you'd have to start his quarantine period all over again because he'd be exposed to any diseases the new tangs brought with them.

As for whether or not they will get along with each other in the display tank, there is a good chance that the purple and yellow will fight with each other. They are of the same genus (Zebrasoma) and generally, different tangs of the same genus will not get along. If you want to keep multiple tangs, you should try to get tangs of different genii.

What about a chevron tang. I would love a sailfin but i know it would need a bigger tank. The chevron seems to get big also but not as big as the sailfin. If thays the case with the yellow and purple i might just go with the purple. I like it better even do its more expe sive. I have seen oeople with yellow sailfin and purple all toghether. I wish i could do this with yellow purple and kole. I just want to jave pretty fish and with the reef now i have to be carefull what i get in there so im more limmited. Is there any reef safe invert safe puffers?

The Chevron and the Koke are in the same family, and would have the same issues as a yellow and a purple. The minimum tank size for a chevron is also 180 gallons

There are no invert safe, reef safe puffers

+1 North and Biffers. There are a couple Acanthurus tangs that would be ok in a 125. One is even similar in coloration to the purple! Check out the Lemonpeel Mimic Tang and the Caribbean Blue Tang. If you're truly set on having 3 tangs in a 125, you're going to have to closely manage the territoriality of these fish, and having tangs of different genus is the first step to that.

Lieutenant Tangs are very peaceful and sometimes can be kept with the same kind. Mine is so gentle and no-one ever bothers him and he never has even been aggressive. Nicest fish I ever had.

Back