Tangs

kingfishson

Reefing newb
Can you add more then on tang in a tank?

I want to add 4 or so tangs to my tank I want,
1.Chevron Tang
2.Blue Tang
3.Yellow Tang
4.Achilles Tang
Is it possible for all these tangs to live with each other in my 125 gallon tank?

I believe the Achilles tank needs at least 180 gallon tank. I've read that if they are the same species you run a risk. Origin of where they come from is a factor also. There are many people that have different species of tangs in the same tank, I would just watch it super closely.

That is alot of tang combination! They create one heck of a bioload due to their size. Tangs need perfect water conditions, they will develop any parisite or bacteria infection that is in the water and are a pita! ;-)

Archilles tangs (which i do not have) need a very excellent transportation tank. Ie, they are extremely difficult to keep and even their way they arrive to your tank is very important. This is a experts fish and which should be kept by one. If you have any tang honestly i would use a uv sterilizer from emperior aquatics. Good luck with your choices they are great fish!

PM Northstar or check out his build. He had a bunch of tangs at one point... I seem to remember he lost some to infighting.

I've had as many as 8 Tangs in my tank. The Achilles will out grow that tank, and is aggressive. The Blue will get big as well, but will be fine in there for quite some time.

I have 4 tangs in my 150 now. Tomni, hippo, powder brown, & sailfin. I added the last 3 at the same time and they have been doing well for the last 4 months or so. The sailfin is growing way more then the others and is the boss of the tank for sure. He flares up at the powder brown some but pays more attention to my fox face for some reason. In a year he may need to go if he keeps growing so much faster then the others

Back