Tank bust!

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Around 6:30 my g/f calls me and lets me know that my tank is spitting air bubbles, I think "Not a big deal, just add some water to the sump", she calls me about 15min. after that and says my tank is leaking!!!!!!!

The bottom sprung a leak, so I made a mad dash to the LFS bought a new 29G tank, almost bought a 37 Oceanic cube but $67 or $500... I took the reg. tank. Got home, filled a styrafoam box with some of my DT water (then the BOX started to leak), so I grabbed another styrafoam box, added water, put my corals in the box, then started adding my LR to the new tank (which I've already added sand and more DT water to), grabbed my fish and inverts and removed the tank.

What a great fucking cinco de mayo! Hope yalls is better.

Thanks Yote for the advice. BTW, your accent is crazy! :mrgreen: Took me a minute to transition back to my country listening skillz.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, good thing she was home to notify you. I'm glad you have everything under control bro...now finish celebrating by having you a stiff drink. You deserve it!

Yea, hopefully you found out in time to save everyone. I do think you messed up though, these disasters should always be used as an opportunity to upgrade your tank:bounce:

Man, that would have been insanely stressful. Good work though ;)

+1 BL1 shoulda gone bigger hehe

I gotta agree with em Evan.I'd bought a bigger tank.:D

But glad to hear you got it all done.Now have a shot of makers mark to settle the nerves.:mrgreen:

Holy :pooh: !!! Good thing you had someone home to warn you. I was going to get a battery water alarm fo like around the water heater, Lowes cheap item.

Wow! Glad you found out about it before you came home to a very wet floor and a very dry tank! How stressful! Hopefully everyone is acting fine, right?

Ya, all my fish are doin ok, their in the box with an aerator until tom. when I get off of work and I'll test the water. It's my corals I'm worried about. God! I'm gonna be so pissed if they don't make it. 2yrs worth of collecting pieces, $100's of dollars gone because of a flippin leak.

I also have to go hunting for one of those "water clarifier" bags that came in the 20lb sand bag. Totally forgot about it when I was adding the sand.

I'm worried about tom. because I'll be gone for about 11hrs at work and I don't want my fish/corals to get baked. This sucks really bad. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight no matter how hard I try.

I think it would have been fine to go ahead and get the fish in their new home to.

Ya, I don't doubt you at all. I was just nervous and thought it'd be safe to keep them in the box for the night until I could be SURE there was no spike. Again, I thank you for your help Yote, you da man!

So is Yote's accent that strong that he needs to be subtitled? :shock:

One of my girlfriends who lives in the northern part of TN has a son who's accent is SOOOOO southern -- he talks with that strong, slow, southern draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl.

You're crazy Yote, before being here I've heard some strong accents. But, I never knew it was possible to type with an accent :wink:

Sucks that happened! At least you got everything safe in time! I remember when my 35 gallon leaked and no one was home for a few days. Not a fun thing to come back from vacation to :(.

Back