Tank Choices

Rufio808

Reefing newb
Hey LR!

It's been a long time since I've posted on the boards and it's great to see the forums still running in full force. I'm coming back after a long hiatus. I just graduated with a BA-Biology so I was pretty busy this past year. Now I'm back and ready to get back to reefing!

I now have the decision whether to choose a new tank or not. I'm definitely leaning to just starting fresh. I have a 20L as of now but here are my choices:

55 gallon - $75 now at Petco during their February sale

12 gallon shallow Mr. Aqua - $100 at LFS

My mentality right now is torn. On one hand I could get way more tank space for cheaper by buying the 55. On the other hand I really love the super shallow look of the 12 gallon. Of course I could have more fish in the 55 but I'm totally fine with just a pair of clowns in a nano tank. As for the 20L I have now, I could use it as a sump or even a QT tank.

So chime in and let me know your opinions!

If you're gonna go with the 55, then I'd wait a while till they have their $1/gallon sale. It'll save you 20 bucks if you go that way.

55 with the 20L as the sump. Six fish sounds better to me the two. lol Plus much more room for corals...

I just picked up the 12g long for another freshwater planted. Pretty sweet little tank. Awesome proportions.

20130222_2220051_12gLong-L.jpg

Back