Tank Controllers

mono19

Reefing newb
So here is my story ha. I know how much time and effort it takes on our parts to keep our reefs or fish only tanks up and running. Not to mention all the time I spend sitting in my living room staring at the tank.:mrgreen:

I work from 9-5 Mon-Fri which seems to be the hottest time of the day for where I live, I also spend my nights working out and performing and some nights I don't get home till after the lights have gone out. I always try to get home at least before I do those things at night to feed and check while the day lights are still on, but it's only for about 30 minutes or so.

What I was wondering is if getting a controller system for the tank is really worth the money? I'm looking at the Neptune Controller system because it seems like the best one out there with the most things it is capable of doing. I really like how it can link up with your phone and computer and let you know what is going on and if it's going to turn your lights off or heaters and fans on or off etc. etc. Plus it can keep track of temp and P.H. plus a mountain of other things if you buy extra probes.

Has anyone on here used them before? Likes Dislikes?

Love.
Must have.
Can't be without.
Do it.

Had a Reefkeeper Lite, was going to upgrade to the Elite or jump ship to Apex.
Ended up doing neither and jumped to Profilux. It's pricey, but freakin awesome.
This weekend I was working on setting it up to do my auto top off and my hourly automatic water changes. Lots of good info here...
Apex v Profilux - Reef Central Online Community

What's the difference between the apex light and the normal Apex unit? they seem the same to me...

Depending on how you feel and how much electronics you know, you could try designing your own DIY using arduino as it can be much cheaper. There is a ton of information online about creating DIY controllers for Arduinos.

I have a Reefkeeper Plus, As soon as I get more money will be jumping ship to the Apex. A couple of friends own Apex's and they are awesome.

Back