tank cooling

boxxmann

Reefing newb
I am not sure if there is a thread on this, but here goes. I am looking for a way to cool a 92 gallon corner reef tank. I had two of the Coralife 4 3/4" fans in the canopy. I cannot seem to find them anywhere to buy, because mine finally went bad a few weeks ago. I cannot afford a chiller. I am wondering if I can hook up pc fans. I have seen a guy on the net do that, but there were no instructions on how to do it or what kind of things needed. Thanks guys.

It's probably pretty easy to just splice the wires in, but I'm no expert on that and wouldn't want to blow up the entire fixture, your next best bet would be to just buy some small fans like the clip on type for use in the canopy.

The Walmart by me had some clamp on fans for a desk for $8.00. I bought on and cliped it to the hood to provide the cooling, even on low it does excelent. I just needs space between the wall and the back of the canapy

I went to the local pc store and bought two plain 120mm fans and spliced in the 3 pin pc hookups to the existing wires on the old fans. They work like a charm. Thanks guys for the help.

Back