Tank Favorites

Reb

Reefing newb
Giant Seahorse with Fairy Wrasse
faves.jpg

That fairy wrasse needs to nab that bristle worm.

Nice picture.. I just recently added a pipe fish to my tank and it shocked me how well it likes the current.

P1010029.JPG

Now YOURs is a nice picture! I've often wondered about pipefish.
It is funny that quite a few "facts" about seahorses I haven't found true at all. Waterflow has been one of them. Often when I have the bubble bar (yeah, hokey, but I like is once in a while, plus it adds a flow that is difficult to get otherwise) my mustang will "ride" the bubbles. Funny sight.
And I noticed that bristleworm after I posted the pic. The fairy does great with the smaller worms, which is okay because they are a decent cleaning crew.
Do you have many corals? I'd love to hear what you keep with the pipefish.

clubriverbend008.jpg

Is a picture of my tank. I mainly have SPS with some LPS and a few clams.

I purchased the dragon faced pipefish because they are reported to eat redbugs, not that I have them, but just incase.

As far as corals it is my understanding you just don't want stinging or aggressive corals... Hairy fish eating mushrooms, galaxia, hydraphora(which I have), anemones, etc.......

However this guys mouth is tiny has never eaten a thing I feed my tank, so i would recommend lots of live rock and an established tank. I think some of the larger banded pipefish are easier to keep.

Brandon

awesome tank looks great, got a few new pics also but my camera sucks need a new one check my photo gallery found a different starfish the store said it was a yellow linkia but i never heard of a yellow one.

All I can say is :bowdown: it is stunning, Brandon. d.french, we'd love to see! As we can tell my camera (or is it the photographer) ain't so hot either. Please do post!:question:

tried to post pics wouldn't work if you look at my photo gallery i got new tank pics some of zoos, starfish, polyps. i post pic of new starfish in invertebrates gallery don't know correct id of starfish store said yellow linkia

i would like to have a bigger pic of brandons aquarium pic for a desktop background i have been looking around for a good wallpaper for desktop of an marine aquarium and his is awesome. After time and alot more money i hope mine looks half that good. Good job on tank makes me want to order more stuff online .

Back