Tank Pics

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
I thought it looked pretty good when I got home from work today, so I snapped a few pics. Hope you enjoy them.

Tank Shot
PIC_0079.JPG

Purple Acans and a spot of coraline on the glass. I wanted it so bad, not I can't get rid of it. Scraping coraline is a drag.............
PIC_0082.JPG

Field of Shrooms
PIC_0085.JPG

Red Acans
PIC_0081.JPG

Orange Acans
PIC_0083.JPG

Trumpet coral. Kinda blue, but looks white in the pics.
PIC_0086.JPG

The purple, red and orange acans are all about 2" in diameter. The blastos and smaller acans in the center of the tank shot are about 1.25" in diameter. Nemo is a camera slut--took me 10 minutes to get clear shots of the corals without his butt in front of the camera lens.:shock:

Last edited:
Excellent looking corals and system RC,very coralliney!It baffles my mine when I hear people say ''I can't grow coralline''.

I don't have much to compare my tank too--other than y'alls pics. I "think" it looks good, but I don't really know.

Getting a comment like "excellent corals AND system" makes me proud. Thanks man!!

I got coralline coming outta my ears here. The sides and back are almost completely covered in it. Rocks are covered, thats good. A SCRAPE my front glass every week and can't make it stop growing in the bottom corners or along the sides. Drives me NUTS!!

It could be worse. I could be overgrown with the dreaded Kenya weeds. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
If I remember right,I think I warned you about being careful what you wished for with coralline:mrgreen:
You sure got a great looking tank there.Those corals have some awesome colors to em.

Zoas growing on glass
PIC_0003_500732.JPG

LPS, but no idea what it is. Favia? Cool anyways.
PIC_0024_937347.JPG

These purple ones are so beautiful. The pics don't do them justice. I've got 3 new buds sprouting out the bottom.
PIC_0021_793273.JPG

I actually DO still have a couple purple mushrooms, but holding my breath they will survive. This one floated around for a couple days and attached itself right on top of a zoa colony. Oh well. At least it ain't dead.
PIC_0012.JPG

Hitch-hiker shrooms that popped up 6 months after I put this rock in the water. I call them Splatter Shrooms.
PIC_0023_780914.JPG

The red ones again. See the new baby on the bottom? :bounce:
PIC_0025.JPG

A different angle on the mushroom field. The large green fuzzy to the top/right of the pic is about to get chiseled off that rock and sold. It's creating a shadow on the purple/blue dot mushrooms beneath it and I got more than enough green fuzzies already.
PIC_0085.JPG

You got Kenya problems? :mrgreen:

I got yellow polyps everywhere. I've already busted this rock up twice and given away frags of 20+ polyps. They are ALL OVER the back glass. I'm scared to scrape them off. How on earth do ya remove them? Razor knife?

I'll mail some of them to anyone willing to pay the shipping. How many would ya like?

Yes, I'm serious. :Cheers:

2_581573.JPG

Your tank is looking great. The coral pics are awesome. The corals are very colorfull and healthy looking. Love the mushrooms.

I'll take some! If you want them gone. I'v never bought anything off line from someone. how do I pay for shipping? will the carrier do a cash on dilivery?

-Josh

The tank looked good after work tonight so I snapped a few pics. There are 2 or 3 shots of each coral. I haven't screened these, so no whining if one or two are blurry.

PIC_0005_350250.JPG

PIC_0006_350891.JPG

PIC_0007.JPG

PIC_0009.JPG

PIC_0010.JPG

PIC_0011_550537.JPG

PIC_0012_510284.JPG

PIC_0014_208709.JPG

PIC_0015.JPG

PIC_0016_896484.JPG

The new lawnmower blenny. Her name is Betty --- as in Ugly Betty.
PIC_0018_93536.JPG

Blurry blastos. They be growin' !!
PIC_0020.JPG

PIC_0021_306579.JPG

PIC_0025_575164.JPG

wow those are so gorgeous! im so jealous! luckily were buying a house and will be moving soon so new build for me! id love some of the yellow polyps if the offer is good in a couple months time, if not thats fine. also, alexander would like some for his tank. your tank looks awesome!

also, cute name for the blenny....lol. i really like blennys a whole lot. i think we lost ours, we havent seen him in about a week :(

Back