Tank Pictures

jb61264

Reefing newb
It's been a while since I posted any tank pictures...it's starting to shape up and look like a halfway decent tank.

21808157.jpg

Left
21808158.jpg

To
21808159.jpg

Right
21808160.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments. I will give out credit where it is due to the great forumites that participate on Living Reefs. Countless times, those like reeffreak, bifferwine, fatman and many others have answered all my questions, my thanks to everyone...because of you, I have a beautiful slice of ocean reef ecosystem in my living room :)

JB i meant to say it in previous post but I really like the fact that you are using some macro in your display tank it make it more natural feeling I think

Thanks...you know, I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, but after I received the rock from TBSW and it had the natural caulerpa on it and after I looked at it for a while I liked it...I'm definately going to keep it trimed up, but I like how it accents the tank...need to find some plastic surgical snips or something :)

The stainless one should be ok Id think as long as they arent in the tank constantly...if Im wrong someone will post. Id even get some grape caluperpa for it

Your tank looks great. The water looks so clean. Love the green that you left. It give the tank character.

Thanks for that information Bifferwine, I would have never thought I could use something like that. I definately wouldn't leave them anywhere near my tank and would be in and out as soon as possible if I knew it wasn't going to hurt anything.

Now just save that pic and after a year take another pic and do the before and after. Its crazy how a tank will mature in a years time and will look so much different. Are you going to let coraline grow on the back glass? Thats what I am in the process doing, I like the look of coraline in the the back. Good looking tank.

Nice looking tank, looks so clean! I was down where I'm going to be going to school next semester checking out the fish stores there a few weeks ago. One of the places had a saltwater tank with lots of plants/macro growing in it, and it was so crystal clear I couldnt believe it, I couldnt find a suspended particle in the water. What I'm getting at is, do the plants clean the water significantly??

A low fish load reef staying nice and clean. Hmmm imagin that??? I seem to remember reading some old farts post on here advocating the same approach.

Back