tank placement

Away from strong vibrations given off from going up and down stairs, windows and vents to avoid temperature swings, and natural sunlight. Look for a great display place that is also away from high traffic areas.

Cathic is rite on all fronts, but I will add....that if you're placing the tank upstairs, try to place it in a corner if possible.Corners are usually the strongest supported areas upstairs.

Away from your wife or girlfriend they get jealous when you start looking at the fish instead of them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Watch them come after me now :bounce:

I think the biggest thing is to make sure that it runs perpendicular to the floor joists and not parallel. I'd also try to avoid prolonged direct sunlight from windows as well

How well insulated the house is will make a big difference for outside vs interior walls. If the house is generally warm in the winter it won't make a huge difference. I would go interior wall if possible but if its not don't sweat it. You can oversize your heaters to compensate IMO.

Back