Tank stand

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
Anyone know a good place to order new stands with a lot of choices? From basic to fancy, etc...

Thinking about getting a new stand and i want to an idea of pricing...

Thanks!:Cheers:

If you build it they will come.:^:

Ever think about building one?

I just dont have the experience & will power to build one from sctrach. and i would always have some doubt about my own work so i would lose a lot of sleep over it being paranoid.

I'll just buy one

a local fish store as a new 48 inch stand for $99. Its wood color tho, not black and i need a black one to match the canopy.

Good price?

Does it have to be fancy? Is the tank in your main living area for all to see when you have guests? Most of those wood stands are made out of pressed particle board. It gets wet and eventually starts settling and looking like sawdust. :shock:

Does it have to be fancy? Is the tank in your main living area for all to see when you have guests? Most of those wood stands are made out of pressed particle board. It gets wet and eventually starts settling and looking like sawdust. :shock:

Yes its in the living room but it doesnt have to be fancy. Budget is more important right now.

Yea i guess it the cheap kind...would spraying those waterproof stuff on it prevent water damage?

:mrgreen:

29g on top
20L underneath

Put a removable door on the front that's held on with Velcro or magnets. Put a nice piece of 1/8" finished ply (oak, maple, whatever) on the top and sides. Stain it and soak the inside and out side with water sealant finish. You could dress that up really easy.

I wish mine was bigger. There's a 20H sitting cross ways on the left side of it now. Takes up a lot of space, and I would love a table top to frag at. I may build an addition to the left side.

Attachments

• IMG_3066.JPG
    IMG_3066.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG